Friday, October 12, 2012

Hurrah!

Last year we had a grand total of 4 Thesauruses in my classroom. 4. All of them different. In an English classroom!

It didn't help that one of the big things I try to work with my kids on is using variety and making their word choices interesting. Yeah, try that one with 4 Thesauruses!

There wasn't a class set in the library to check out. And the ones from the middle school teachers were too high for my kids.

This year, thanks to the generosity of the school and my principal, that problem is solved.


Yup, a shiny brand new class set of Thesauruses was waiting for me when I got  back this fall. YAY!!!!!!

I will keep the four mismatched ones that we struggled through last year with. They are good for variety and for remembering the blessings of the Lord.

But having a sweet set of them to actually be able to work with in class is the happiest thing about starting a new year of English! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment