Sunday, March 25, 2012

Back for the Last Long Lap

Hard to believe Spring Break has already come and gone. It was a much, much needed rest. I slept 11-13 hours almost every night- yay! We also did some fun things a couple days; went to a historical site or two, made it to the beach (I only got a little fried :-p). Went out to dinner and frozen yogurt to celebrate on Saturday night.

And now back to work.

I hear it is a long haul from here to the end. But my calendar already told me that. It is nearly impossible to believe that in just a few short weeks my first year teaching will be over. I already miss my kids... Well, most of them :-)

Over the past week I have given lots of thought to several situations with students and/or parents. There are definitely several things I am praying to get worked out for the sakes of all involved. In my oh so deep reading over break, Ramon had some excellent insight for a fictional first grader- "...she did not enjoy spending the whole day in a room with someone who did not like her, especially when that person was in charge." There are several specific situations that have been on my mind in which I need wisdom about how to help several students know that they are not "disliked" per-say. The balance between correcting the actions and coming down on the student is a hard one. While I am not here to be their buddy, I do want them to each always be sure that I love them as an individual even when their actions have to be corrected.

Please pray I have wisdom to help one student in particular. And strength to finish well the last few weeks with the kids the Lord has given me. While I can't wait to get home (two months from yesterday!!!) it will be hard to see them go.

No comments:

Post a Comment